Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Nocturnal Visitor

The baby is fast asleep
Smiling in her sleep

The idiot box unplugged to rest
After all, the soaps are one big mess

Elders are at ease and snoring in peace
In (tea) estates there are no thieves

As the house goes silent
The clock ticks very violent

Absence made the heart fonder
But the eyes could remain open no longer

For it was way past midnight
And 2:30am in the night

Just then a noise
Woke me from my trance

As the rustle got stronger
I held my breath longer

Who is there? I ask
But hear no voice..

More crackling follows
And fear grips my throat

Closing the book I read,
Step by step I tread

Powered by the moonlight
A stranger in the night

A quick peep through the curtain
Revealed a giant mountain

Sure there was someone
but no human this one

Two long tusks on my right
Sheer magificience the very sight

The baby might wake up and let out a wail
or the dog might go crazy and wag his tail

The heart skips a beat
To survive a giant tusker,is no mean feat

But he meant no harm
And went off so calm

Quietly out the fence
Without any hindrance

Only if us humans
Could learn from him,some sense

We would mind our business
And avoid all nonsense

No comments: