Monday, June 18, 2012

The Little One

We sat on the tables up so high,
And cry for the sock,the shoe & the tie,
Dressing up was a race,in that naughty phase,
Rushing a school bus we would chase.

"Take care of the little one",mom would say,
As we bid her goodbye on our way.

Together we fought for food and toy,
Childhood memoirs has so much joy.
The world we faced with a smile in our face,
School then college then jobs were next phase.

You worked bit far and toiled so hard,
Life was a race or so we thought.
You cherished those gifts that I bought,
Until a day you trashed a lot,
Indeed I said,you had grown up a lot.

Marriage I sat,smiling with my groom,
While you ran around like a sleepless racoon,
Last minute plans,had but no chance,
You went all the way,to others dismay,
Did all you could,as a grown up man should.

Your heart so loyal and your love so true,
You cared for so real,for your soul was so pure.
You are the first one to rush,if I ever am in a mess.

I kept counting my penny,for bills were so many,
You didn't like it honey,but I had not much money.

Life moved on..and my baby came on.

Ask you I must, for you are the one I trust,
Guide her like I did,if I ever get rid.

Side by side or miles away,my love for you would just stay,
You are my pillar and my super power,
Born again if ever,in galaxies apart,
I will still find a way,through the milky way!

4 comments:

Muruganantham Raju said...

Oh Shoba, what a poetic touch! Let your thoughts wander beyond the milky way and a poet within you flourish!

Shoba Sharat said...

Thank you buddy.

KP said...

yes..reminds me of my brother too

Shoba Sharat said...

@KP ~ Sometimes we take our siblings for granted and hardly thank them for any of their sacrifices.don't we?