Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Miss you my friends

"Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance;
they make the latitudes and longitudes"
~Henry David Thoreau

The morning newspaper headlines glanced in a hurry,
the 'only-to-office' wears resting in the cupboard,
the crazy auto-rickshaw challenges,
the rush-hour moments to attend meetings,
the forward mails sent & received from good friends,
the makeup touch-ups in the washroom,
the first coffee break,
the gossip breaks,
the lunch breaks,
the month-end birthday parties
&
the laughing Gandhian notes
..all these dont create a void in my heart
but your status messages do.

buddy SA - Offline
buddy V - Do not disturb
buddy P - Invisible
buddy N - Busy
buddy S - Away
buddy SM - In a meeting & ...

Do all these status-es imply - " We gotta job to do..unlike you " ?
How I wish your smiling thumbnails could talk to me now like the potter era.
Sob.Sob.
I miss you folks.I really do.
Oh,wait a sec..
"uuuaaaaahhh...ammeeahhh...uuuaaaaahhh"".
Alright now.My no-pay-high-demand boss has woken up.
I gotta report back to duty.
Sign-out.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww shobz dear i miss you tooo...
Come back to Oracle :)

Shoba Sharat said...

yeah..someday if chucked out here :/

KP said...

Dont you worry Shoba..Enjoi the days with the little one..Though P is invisible ,she is always open for a chat with u..you know that

Unknown said...

Enjoy the freedom, Shoba! You are no longer enslaved. Oh..I take that back you are enslaved..to Pollu! Probably that's far more preferable to work, eh?- SM

Shoba Sharat said...

@KP ~ Tx.It means a lot to me.You know.

@SM ~ Yes,sometimes.I can see you behind me in the queue.ROFL

Saritha said...

Now you u figured out where to catch us. I told to come online on fb couple of yrs back.

Shoba Sharat said...

@ Saritha ~ Yeah babe.Show me your legs.. a virtual pranaam.